It is the mission of the Coahoma County Circuit Clerk’s Office to serve the citizens of Coahoma County and the participants in the judicial system in an efficient, effective and ethical manner. All services, information and court records will be provided with courtesy and cost efficiency.
The Circuit Clerk Duties:
- Serves as clerk of the County Court and Circuit Courts;
- Receives and files all lawsuits, indictments, motions, and other related papers in all civil and criminal cases filed in the Circuit or County courts;
- Issues all process including summons and subpoenas;
- Draws jurors;
- Qualifies juries;
- Keeps a record of all judgments and executions;
- Issues marriage licenses and keeps records of marriages;
- Records medical and other professional licenses;
- Registers citizens to vote and has other duties in handling elections.